Paradise Valley is the sixth studio album by American singer-songwriter John Mayer, released on August 20, 2013 by Columbia Records. Musically, it is similar to his previous album Born and Raised (2012), but also features more musical breaks and instrumentals consisting of electric guitars rather than harmonica. Its title refers to Mayer's home along the Yellowstone River in Montana's Paradise Valley, where he has lived since 2012.
Album · 2013 · 11 Songs. While tunes like Paper Doll and Who You Love have glossy, delicately harmonized hooks, the album features understated, country-inflected shuffles and lots of impressive musicianship. A perfect example is the gently rambling cover of . Cale’s Call Me the Breeze. Paradise Valley John Mayer.
All lyrics from Paradise Valley album, popular John Mayer songs with tracklist and information about album. Album Paradise Valley (2013). Labels Columbia, Sony Music.
Acoustic Guitar – John Mayer. Backing Vocals – Bernard Fowler (tracks: 7), Lisa Fischer (tracks: 7,11). Bass – Sean Hurley (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 11). Coordinator – Ken Helie. Paradise Valley (CD, Album). Columbia, Sony Music.
Though Paradise Valley is significantly more upbeat than 2012's Born and Raised, like its predecessor it finds John Mayer creating singer-songwriter fare marinated in earthy, classic rock flavor. Not surprisingly, the most obvious example is the decidedly faithful cover of the . Cale classic "Call Me the Breeze.
The album, Mayer’s sixth studio LP and the follow-up to last year’s Born and Raised, features a duet with girlfriend Katy Perry on Who You Love. Frank Ocean also contributes to Paradise Valley, which Mayer co-produced with Don was. Getting Naked on the Cover of ‘Rolling Stone’: John Mayer. The Grammy-winning musician is in the midst of an extensive tour – his first in three years, since he had a granuloma removed from his vocal cords – and will perform a Live on Letterman.
Check out the new artwork for John Mayer‘s forthcoming album, Paradise Valley, out August 13. What is Paradise Valley, you might ask? It’s a major river valley of the Yellowstone River in southwestern Montana just north of Yellowstone National Park. It’s a major river valley of the Yellowstone River in southwestern Montana just north of Yellowstone National Park. John recently bought a 15-acre spread along the Yellowstone River in western Montana. I don’t see how the happiness here doesn’t make it to records, he’s said about Montana. Looks like John‘s new album was really inspired by the time he’s spent there! "paper doll" lyric video. 1, 2. Tagged: cd, video, home media releases, john mayer.
Waitin' On the Day. Paper Doll. Who You Love (featuring Katy Perry). I Will Be Found (Lost at Sea). Wildfire (featuring Frank Ocean). You're No One 'Til Someone Lets You Down. Badge and Gun. On the Way Home. MusicBrainz: Paradise Valley.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|3||Waitin' On The Day||4:35|
|5||Call Me The Breeze
Written-By – J.J. Cale
|6||Who You Love
Arranged By [Horns] – John Mayer, Larry WilliamsWritten-By, Vocals – Katy Perry
|7||I Will Be Found (Lost At Sea)
Engineer [Protools], Mixed By [Assistant] – Mark BengtsonMixed By – Michael H Brauer*
Piano – Frank OceanVocals – Frank OceanWritten-By – Christopher Breaux
|9||You're No One 'Til Someone Lets You Down||2:48|
|10||Badge And Gun||3:15|
|11||On The Way Home||4:00|
- Distributed By – Sony Music Entertainment
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Columbia Records
- Copyright (c) – Columbia Records
- Recorded At – The Village Recorder
- Recorded At – Ocean Way Recording
- Recorded At – Blackbird Studio
- Mixed At – Electric Lady Studios
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Published By – John Mayer
- Published By – Goodium Music
- Published By – For A Rainy Day Music
- Published By – Wb Music Corp.
- Published By – Johnny Bienstock Music
- Published By – Heavens Research LP
- Published By – Bug Music
- Acoustic Guitar – John Mayer
- Backing Vocals – Bernard Fowler (tracks: 7), Lisa Fischer (tracks: 7,11)
- Bass – Sean Hurley (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 11)
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator] – Ken Helie
- Design – Dave Bett*, Jeri Heiden, SMOG Design, Inc.
- Drums – Aaron Sterling (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 11)
- Edited By [Digital Editing] – Martin Pradler
- Engineer – Chad Franscoviak
- Executive Producer – Michael McDonald
- Executive-Producer, Management – Michael McDonald
- Guitar – Zane Carney (tracks: 1 to 2)
- Keyboards – Chuck Leavell (tracks: 2 to 5, 7, 9 to 11), Rami Jaffee (tracks: 1,8)
- Lead Guitar – John Mayer
- Lead Vocals – John Mayer
- Legal – Reid Hunter*, Serling, Rooks, Ferrara, McKoy And Worob, LLP*
- Management – Mick Management
- Management [Agency] – Creative Artists Agency, Scott Clayton
- Management [Business] – Cal Financial Group, Rit Venerus
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Manny Marroquin (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 11)
- Mixed By [Assisted By] – Chris Galland (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 11), Delbert Bowers (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 11)
- Other [Stylist] – Hiroki Nakamura
- Pedal Steel Guitar – Paul Franklin (tracks: 1, 9, 11)
- Percussion – Aaron Sterling (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 11)
- Photography By [Photos] – Sam Jones
- Producer – Don Was, John Mayer
- Production Manager – Chris Gott*
- Recorded By [Additional Recording Assisted By] – Patrick Spain
- Recorded By [Assisted By] – Chris Owens , Jeff Gartenbaum
- Recorded By [Pedal Steel] – Allen Ditto
- Technician [Guitar Tech] – Rene Martinez
- Written-By – John Mayer (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 7, 9 to 11)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 8883-75648-2 3
- Rights Society: BIEM / GEMA
- Label Code: LC 00162
- Matrix / Runout: Sony DADC A0102274301-0101 15 A00
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L555
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 94V7
|88883 75648 2||John Mayer||Paradise Valley (CD, Album)||Columbia, Sony Music||88883 75648 2||Europe||2013|
|88883756482||John Mayer||Paradise Valley (CD, Album)||Columbia||88883756482||Australia||2013|
|88883 75648 1||John Mayer||Paradise Valley (LP, Album, 180 + CD, Album)||Columbia||88883 75648 1||Europe||2013|
|888837564823||John Mayer||Paradise Valley (CD, Album, RP)||Columbia, Sony Music||888837564823||Brazil||2013|
|88883 75648 2||John Mayer||Paradise Valley (CD, Album)||Columbia||88883 75648 2||Canada||2013|