Features Song Lyrics for Bob Luman's Lonely Women Make Good Lovers album. 1. Someone to Give My Love To Lyrics. 2. Lonely Women Make Good Lovers Lyrics. Bob Luman Lyrics provided by SongLyrics.
from the album Lonely Women Make Good Lovers. Love Ought to Be a Happy Thing". Bob Luman singles chronology. It Takes You" (1972). Lonely Women Make Good Lovers" (1972). Neither One of Us" (1973). Lonely Women Make Good Lovers". Single by Steve Wariner. from the album Midnight Fire. "Listing for "Lonely Women Make Good Lovers"". Broadcast Music Incorporated. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
Copied! Oops! AutoPlay: On. Listen To A Country Song - Lynn Anderson. In December 1983, Steve Wariner covered the song for his album Midnight Fire on RCA Records Contents.
Chorus) G C D7 Lonely women make good lovers C D7 They're all at the mercy of a good lookin' smooth talkin' man G C D7 Lonely women make good lovers C D7 G So if you've got a woman, better treat her just as good as you can. (Verse 1) G C D7 G Lots of times a lonely girl will go out on the town C D7 G With no thought of evil on her mind.
Bob Luman received his first guitar when he was thirteen years of ag. .Luman attended high school in Kilgore, where the family had moved after young Bob's birth Luman had been a baseball star in his high school, and he tried out with the Major League Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates, but when he didn't make it in professional baseball, he decided to concentrate on music. He signed with Epic Records in 1968, and had several hits with them, including "Lonely Women Make Good Lovers" and "Still Loving Yo. "Lonely Women Make Good Lovers" became his biggest country hit, hitting No. 4 on the country chart. Steve Wariner, who had earlier been a member of Luman's band, later covered the song in 1984, and he, too, took it to No. 4 on the country charts.
Bob Luman - Lonely Woman Make Good Lovers. Seems to have been a recording from a few years later that is seen a lot on YouTube and elsewhere, but this is the real deal. A great recording, I hope you enjoy it! Show more.
|A1||Lonely Women Make Good Lovers||3:10|
|A2||I'm Gonna Write A Song||2:04|
|A4||Love Ought To Be A Happy Thing||2:03|
|A5||Woman, I Just Want To Love You More||2:58|
|A6||I'm A One Woman Man||2:17|
|B1||It Takes Two||2:44|
|B3||Sweet Baby Jane||2:11|
|B5||Someone To Give My Love To||2:56|
- Arranged By [Strings] – Cam Mullins
- Banjo [Uncredited] – Bobby Thompson
- Bass [Uncredited] – Bob Moore, Bobby Dyson, Junior Huskey
- Drums [Uncredited] – Buddy Harman, D.J. Fontana, Jerry Carrigan
- Engineer – Lou Bradley
- Fiddle [Uncredited] – Buddy Spicher
- Guitar [Uncredited] – Bill Rice, Billy Sanford, Bobby Thompson, Chip Young, Glenn Sutton, Jerry Steve Smith, Jimmy Capps, Pete Wade, Ray Edenton, Tommy Allsup
- Harmonica [Uncredited], Vibraphone [Uncredited] – Charlie McCoy
- Keyboards [Uncredited] – George Richey, Hargus Robbins
- Steel Guitar [Uncredited] – Lloyd Green, Pete Drake
- Vocals [Vocal Accompaniment] – The Jordanaires