Johnnie Taylor – Eargasm. Label: Columbia – PC 33951. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album. Recording Studios: United Sound Systems, Detroit, Michigan Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, Alabama Johnnie Taylor's vocals recorded at: Sundance Studios, Dallas, Texas.
Album · 1975 · 11 Songs. The Best of Johnnie Taylor On Malaco, Vol. 1. 1992. Gotta Get the Groove Back.
This album has an average beat per minute of 105 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 79/134 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Album starts at 103BPM, ends at 87BPM (-16), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Johnnie Taylor.
Listen to Eargasm in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Johnnie Taylor's biggest hit album also proved his undoing. Stax had collapsed, and he ended up on Columbia's roster. The disco boom was beginning, and Taylor had the perfect single. Disco Lady" was vocally quite similar to his earlier material, but its lyrics embraced the hedonism and away ethic of the era. It was not only a number one hit, but the song of the year for 1976, and Taylor was shoved into territory he wasn't comfortable in. The rest of the album was standard soul, but this was overlooked in the rush
Exclusively for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). This CD is appropriately titled for sure. You are likely to experience an eargasm, when listening to the sweet soulful voice of the legend Johnnie Taylor. I'm happy that this album was put on CD format finally! I'm a 70's baby with an old soul. This kind of old school music is what I enjoy listening to!
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By – George Worrell*, David Van De Pitte*, Don Davis Written-By – Al Vance*, Don Davis , Harvey Scales
|A2||Please Don't Stop (That Song From Playing)
Arranged By – Don Davis , Wade MarcusWritten-By – Don Davis
|A3||Don't Touch Her Body (If You Can't Touch Her Mind)
Arranged By – David Van De Pitte*, Rudy RobinsonWritten-By – Don Davis
|A4||I'm Gonna Keep On Loving You
Arranged By – David Van De Pitte*, Don Davis Written-By – Don Davis , Richard Morris
|A5||You're The Best In The World
Arranged By – David Van De Pitte*, Rudy RobinsonWritten-By – Norma Toney
|B1||Running Out Of Lies
Arranged By – David Van De Pitte*, Don Davis , Wade MarcusWritten-By – Perry Jordan
|B2||Somebody's Gettin' It
Arranged By – Rudy Robinson, Sonny SandersWritten-By – Chico Jones, Clarence Colter*, Don Davis
|B3||It Don't Hurt Me Like It Used To
Arranged By – Don Davis , Wade MarcusWritten-By – Herbie Ross*, Perry Jordan
|B4||Pick Up The Pieces
Arranged By – Don Davis , Wade MarcusWritten-By – Don Davis , Fred Briggs, Kent Barker
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Produced For – Groovesville Productions, Inc.
- Recorded At – United Sound Systems
- Recorded At – Muscle Shoals Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Sundance Studios, Dallas
- Mastered At – Customatrix
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute
- Record Company – CBS Inc.
- Published By – Groovesville Music
- Published By – Conquistador Music
- Published By – Double Sharp Music
- Published By – Screen Gems-Columbia Music, Inc.
- Published By – Colgems Music Corp.
- Alto Saxophone – Eli Fountain* (tracks: A5, B3)
- Arranged By [Background Arrangements] – Robert (Bobby) Eaton*
- Backing Vocals – Brandy*
- Bass – David Hood, Michael Henderson, William (Bootsy) Collins*
- Coordinator [Album Coordination] – Brian Spears
- Coordinator [Music Coordinatior] – Eli Fountain*
- Drums – Jerry Jones , Richard (Pistol) Allen*, Roger Hawkins, Zackary Slater*
- Engineer – Don Davis , Jerry Masters, Jim Vitti, John Pritchett, Ken Sands
- Engineer [Quadraphonic Remix Engineer] – Larry Keyes
- Engineer [Remix] – Don Davis , Ellis E. Bishop
- Guitar – Bruce Nazarian, Don Davis , Emmett Smith, Glen Goine*, Jimmy Johnson
- Horns, Strings – Carl Austin, Detroit Fisher Theatre Strings
- Keyboards – Barry Beckett, George Worrell*, George Roundtree, Melvin Griffin, Rudy Robinson
- Producer – Don Davis
- Supervised By [Quadraphonic Sound and Remix Supervision] – Don Davis (tracks: B1, B4), Harold J. Kleiner
NotesColumbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute pressing denoted by "1 T" etch in runouts.
Released with lyric / credit inner sleeve
SQ Quadraphonic Release
United Sound Systems, Detroit, Michigan
Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, Alabama
Johnnie Taylor vocals recorded at: Sundance Studios, Dallas, Texas
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: QAL 33951
- Matrix / Runout: QBL 33951
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A stamped / 1 T etched): P Q AL 33951-1B 1 T o B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B stamped / 1 T etched): P Q BL 33951-1B 1 T A
- Rights Society (A1, A4, A5, B1 to B4): BMI
- Rights Society (A1 to A4, B2): ASCAP
- Price Code (On Spine): X798
|PC 33951||Johnnie Taylor||Eargasm (LP, Album)||Columbia||PC 33951||US||1976|
|S 81201||Johnnie Taylor||Eargasm (LP, Album)||CBS||S 81201||UK||1976|
|ASF 1878||Johnnie Taylor||Eargasm (LP, Album)||CBS||ASF 1878||South Africa||1976|
|PCA 33951||Johnnie Taylor||Eargasm (8-Trk, Album)||Columbia||PCA 33951||US||1976|
|CDBBR 0186||Johnnie Taylor||Eargasm (CD, Album, RE)||Big Break Records||CDBBR 0186||UK||2012|