The Sinking of the Titanic is a work by British minimalist composer Gavin Bryars. Inspired by the story that the band on the RMS Titanic continued to perform as the ship sank in 1912, it recreates how the music performed by the band would reverberate through the water some time after they ceased performing. Composed between 1969 and 1972, the work is now considered one of the classics of British experimental music.
Bryars: The Sinking of the Titanic - Gavin Bryars, Gavin Bryars Ensemble. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве.
Album · 1994 · 11 Songs. More By Gavin Bryars Ensemble. See All. The Sinking of the Titanic (Live). Bryars: Nothing Like the Sun.
Electric Guitar – James Woodrow. Ensemble – Gavin Bryars Ensemble. Executive-Producer – Anna Tchernakova, Gavin Bryars. Horn, Keyboards, Wood Block – Dave Smith (3). Liner Notes – Gavin Bryars. Mastered By – Don C Tyler. Percussion – Martin Allen. Matrix, Runout: 148322 CD BCGBCD21 The Sinking of the Titanic. Mastering SID Code: IFPL L623. Mould SID Code: IFPI 1G55.
It is this idea that has been realized in multiple ways, here with a small ensemble of instruments, spoken words, prerecorded material, and a turntablist. The string quartet at the work's center (two violas, cello, and double bass) is augmented this time around by a second, lower quartet, played by the composer's four children. No venue is specified beyond the 2012 tour by the composer and his Gavin Bryars Ensemble. Highly recommended, even for those quite familiar with the work.
Titanic Hymn (Autumn) All strings. Your browser does not support the audio element. The Sinking of the Titanic: III. Hymn II. The Sinking of the Titanic: IV. Interlude. The Sinking of the Titanic: V. Hymn III. The Sinking of the Titanic: VI. Hymn IV. The Sinking of the Titanic: VII. Opening Part II. The Sinking of the Titanic: VIII.
Gavin Bryars скачать в mp3 на телефон или слушайте песню Gavin Bryars - The Sinking of the Titanic, Gavin Bryars Ensemble - Sub Rosa, Gavin Bryars, Pascal Pongy, Charles Fullbrook - Epilogue (1986), Sophie Harris, Gavin Bryars - The South Downs, Gavin Bryars Ensemble - Epilogue from Wonderlawn и другие популярные треки и рингтоны. Tom Waits, Gavin Bryars Ensemble –Gavin Bryars Anniversary Album. Jess Walker, Gavin Bryars –Train Song.
|The Sinking Of The Titanic||(74:42)|
|2||Prologue (Philip Jeck)||10:09|
|4||Titanic Hymn I Autumn - Quartet I||4:33|
|5||Titanic Hymn II Autumn - Quartet II||5:25|
|6||Titanic Hymn III Autumn - Quartet I||6:07|
|7||Hymn IV Aughton ("He Leadeth Me") - Quartet I||5:59|
|9||Hymn V Autumn - Quartet I (Cello Solo)||7:56|
|14||"La Maxixe" Music Box||2:12|
|15||Hymn VI, Last Hymn - Quartet I||8:29|
- Copyright (c) – GB Records
- Published By – Schott
- Published By – Schott & Co.
- Mastered At – IO Mastering
- Bass Clarinet – Roger Heaton
- Cello [Quartet I] – Nick Cooper
- Cello [Quartet II] – Orlanda Bryars, Ziella Bryars
- Composed By – Gavin Bryars
- Design [CD Design] – Anna Tchernakova
- Double Bass [Quartet I] – Gavin Bryars
- Double Bass [Quartet II] – Yuri Bryars
- Electric Guitar – James Woodrow
- Ensemble – Gavin Bryars Ensemble
- Executive-Producer [Executive Producer For GB Records] – Anna Tchernakova, Gavin Bryars
- Horn [Tenor Horn], Keyboards, Wood Block [Woodblocks] – Dave Smith
- Liner Notes – Gavin Bryars
- Mastered By – Don C Tyler*
- Percussion – Martin Allen
- Photography By [CD Photographs], Other [Live Visual Material] – Bill Morrison , Laurie Olinder
- Producer – Gavin Bryars
- Recorded By – Bob Burnell
- Sound Designer [Live Sound] – Bob Burnell
- Tape [Pre-Recorded Material] – Chris Ekers
- Turntables [Improvising Turntablist] – Philip Jeck
- Viola [Quartet I] – Morgan Goff, Nick Barr
- Viola [Quartet II] – Alexandra Maria Tchernakova
NotesRecorded live on 2012 Centenary Tour
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 052442 004905
- Matrix / Runout: 148322 CD BCGBCD21 The Sinking of the Titanic
- Mastering SID Code: IFPL L623
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 1G55