Nom du groupe Nik Kershaw. Nom de l'album Human Racing. Date de parution Janvier 1984. Style MusicalPop Rock. Membres possèdant cet album2. 2. Wouldn't it Be Good.
Arranged By – Nik Kershaw. 2-9. Human Racing (Extended 12" Remix). Remix – Simon Boswell. It includes a previously un-released version of "Bogart", a special brass mix of "Shame On You" and a live version of "Cloak and Dagger" recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon.
Human Racing is Nik Kershaw's debut album, which was released in February 1984. Nik Kersahw recorded some demo tapes in 1982 and sent them to record companies, but they weren't interested in him untill he had a manager, Mickey Modern. Then in 1983 the whole album and the B-sides of the singles were recorded over 10 weeks, under production of Peter Collins, in the Sarm East Studios in London.
Human Racing is the debut studio album by the English singer-songwriter Nik Kershaw. It was originally released in February 1984, on the label MCA. Several songs like "Drum Talk" were based around improvisation; other songs, like "I Won't Let the Sun Go Down on Me", had a political message. Kershaw's most commercially successful solo album, it went on to peak at No. 5 on the UK Albums Chart and reached No. 35 on the Australian ARIA Charts.
The Essential (2000) is a hits compilation album by Nik Kershaw. It features songs from his first four albums. Wouldn't It Be Good" – 4:32 from Human Racing. I Won't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" – 3:22 from Human Racing. Dancing Girls" – 3:37 from Human Racing. The Riddle" – 3:54 from The Riddle. Wide Boy" – 3:19 from The Riddle. Nobody Knows" – 4:07 from Radio Musicola. One Step Ahead" – 3:48 from The Works. Human Racing" – 4:18 from Human Racing. Don Quixote" – 4:09 from The Riddle.
Nik Kershaw - Human Racing. Album: Live In Germany, 2015.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||Wouldn't It Be Good
Arranged By [Horns] – Nik Kershaw
Voice Actor [Voice Over] – Lynda Hayes
|A5||Gone To Pieces||3:10|
|B1||Shame On You||3:32|
|B2||Cloak And Dagger||4:53|
Backing Vocals – Sheri Kershaw
|B4||I Won't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
Bass [Additional] – Paul Westwood
- Arranged By [Horns] – Jerry Hey
- Design [Sleeve Design], Artwork [Hand Tinting], Artwork – Cream
- Drums – Charlie Morgan
- Engineer – Julian Mendelsohn
- Horns – Bill Reichenbach , Cary Grant*, Jerry Hey, Kim Hutchcroft, Larry Williams
- Keyboards – Don Snow, Nick Glennie-Smith, Reg Webb, Wix
- Lacquer Cut By – JA*
- Management – Mickey Modern
- Percussion – Martin Ditcham
- Photography By – Iain McKell
- Producer – Peter Collins
- Public Relations [International Liaison] – Dale Newton
- Recorded By – Julian D. Mendelsohn*
- Recorded By [Horns] – Bruce Robb
- Technician [Recording Assistant] – Bob Kraushaar, Keith Finney, Nick Campey, Roger Howorth, Stuart Bruce
- Vocals, Vocal Percussion, Effects, Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Percussion – Nik Kershaw
- Written-By, Arranged By – Nik Kershaw
|MCF 3197, MAPS 11541||Nik Kershaw||Human Racing (LP, Album)||MCA Records, MCA Records||MCF 3197, MAPS 11541||UK||1984|
|MCFC 3197||Nik Kershaw||Human Racing (Cass, Album)||MCA Records||MCFC 3197||UK||1984|
|MCD 01892, DMCL 1892||Nik Kershaw||Human Racing (CD, Album)||MCA Records, MCA Records||MCD 01892, DMCL 1892||Europe||1984|
|250 574-1||Nik Kershaw||Human Racing (LP, Album)||MCA Records||250 574-1||France||1984|
|250 574-2, DMCF 3197||Nik Kershaw||Human Racing (CD, Album)||MCA Records, MCA Records||250 574-2, DMCF 3197||Germany||1984|