Crocodiles is the debut album by the English post-punk band Echo & the Bunnymen. It was released on 18 July 1980 in the United Kingdom and on 17 December 1980 in the United States. The album reached number 17 on the UK Albums Chart. Pictures on My Wall" and "Rescue" had previously been released as singles. Recorded at Eden Studios in London and at Rockfield Studios near Monmouth, Crocodiles was produced by Bill Drummond and David Balfe, while Ian Broudie had already produced the single "Rescue"
All Songs written by Echo and The Bunnymen appears on inner sleeve; All Songs Written by McCulloch, Sergeant, Pattinson & De Freitas appears on Side 1 label; All Songs Written by McCulloch, Sergeant, Pattinson & De Freitas except as indicated appears on Side 2 label. All Songs Published by Zoo Music, Warner Bros. All rights for the Western Hemisphere except Brazil Adm. by WB Music Corp. Includes printed black and white inner sleeve.
Echo & the Bunnymen are an English rock band formed in Liverpool in 1978. The original line-up consisted of vocalist Ian McCulloch, guitarist Will Sergeant and bassist Les Pattinson, supplemented by a drum machine. By 1980, Pete de Freitas joined as the band's drummer. Their 1980 debut album, Crocodiles, went into the top 20 of the UK Albums Chart
Band Name Echo And The Bunnymen. Album Name Crocodiles. 版公司 Warner Music Group WEA Korova.
It's with the 1980 album Crocodiles we get to know Echo & the Bunnymen, the extravagant goth punk band from Liverpool. Unlike their contemporaries - The Cure, Joy Division, Bauhaus, The Damned and so on, the Bunnymen seemed to be the least serious musicians in the business. It was always about being cool, playing cool music and having fun. "We didn't understand the political, fashionable aspects of punk. The Bunnymen were about trying to be cool. I thought cool wasn't about selling records. We were awkward bastards.
Album · 1980 · 12 Songs. More By Echo & The Bunnymen. The Best of Echo & the Bunnymen.
Download and listen online Crocodiles by Echo & The Bunnymen. Format – mp3. Music video. On this page you can download song Echo & The Bunnymen - Crocodiles in mp3 and listen online. Echo & The Bunnymen - Crocodiles. Watch music video "Echo & The Bunnymen - Crocodiles" online. Send lyrics Send translation.
I only ask because it seems fairly obvious that Echo & The Bunnymen were a band christened during a period of impaired judgment. Of course, it's not as straightforward as its two predecessors, 1980's Crocodiles and 1981's Heaven Up Here. The Bunnymen hit the ground running, and their debut album is a stunning statement of purpose, with McCulloch already in full dramatic swing and the band at their most straightforward- any band that uses as much reverb as this one is hard to label "raw," but "Pride" and "Do It Clean" nonetheless hit hard, and "Rescue", with Sergeant's massive opening.
|A2||Do It Clean||2:44|
|A3||Stars Are Stars||2:45|
|B3||Read It In Books||2:31|
|B4||Pictures On My Wall||2:52|
|B5||All That Jazz||2:46|
|B6||Happy Death Men||4:56|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Korova Records Limited
- Copyright (c) – Korova Records Limited
- Published By – Zoo Music Publishing
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Rockfield Studios
- Recorded At – Eden Studios
- Pressed By – Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Winchester
- Marketed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Bass – Les Pattinson
- Drums – Pete De Freitas
- Engineer – Hugh Jones (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, A6, B2 to B6), Rod Houison (tracks: A4, B1)
- Keyboards – David Balfe
- Lead Guitar – Will Sergeant
- Management – Zoo Management
- Photography By [Cover Photography, Assisted By] – Suzanne Thomas , The Two Ricardos
- Photography By [Cover Photography] – Brian Griffin
- Photography By [Insert Photograph] – Bill Butt
- Producer – Bill Drummond (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, A6, B2 to B6), David Balfe (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, A6, B2 to B6), Ian Broudie (tracks: A4, B1), The Chameleons (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, A6, B2 to B6)
- Vocals, Guitar – Ian McCulloch
- Written-By – Echo And The Bunnymen*, McCulloch*, Cope* (tracks: B3), Pattinson* (tracks: A1 to B2, B4 to B6), De Freitas* (tracks: A1 to B2, B5, B6), Sergeant* (tracks: A1 to B2, B4 to B6)
NotesCirca 1986 reissue. (Sire's label style changed around March 1986).
Different labels ("sire" under logo), Winchester pressing, no "STERLING" stamp in runouts compared to Echo And The Bunnymen* - Crocodiles.
Recorded at Rockfield Studios, except "Rescue" and "Pride" recorded at Eden.
"Produced by The Chameleons and Ian Broudie" appears on back of sleeve.
"Produced by David Balfe and Bill Drummond, *Produced by Ian Broudie" appears on labels.
All Songs Published by Zoo Music / Warner Bros. Music Limited. All rights for the Western Hemisphere except Brazil Adm. by WB Music Corp. - ASCAP
Made in U.S.A.
Includes printed black and white inner sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): SRK–1–6096–WW3 1-1 –––◁
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched): SRK–2–6096–WW2 SRK–2–6̸0̸9̸5̸–̸W̸W̸2̸ 1-1 –––◁
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|KODE 1, K 58175||Echo And The Bunnymen*||Crocodiles (LP, Album)||Korova, Korova||KODE 1, K 58175||UK||1980|
|2564-61161-2||Echo And The Bunnymen*||Crocodiles (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Warner Strategic Marketing||2564-61161-2||Europe||2003|
|242 316-2||Echo And The Bunnymen*||Crocodiles (CD, Album, RE)||Korova||242 316-2||France||1988|
|M 458175||Echo & The Bunnymen||Crocodiles (Cass, Album)||Korova||M 458175||Spain||Unknown|
|KODE 1||Echo And The Bunnymen*||Crocodiles (LP, Album)||Korova||KODE 1||Portugal||1980|