4AD. CAD 2815 CDP. UK. 2008. Chemical Chords (14xFile, MP3, Album, 256). referencing Chemical Chords, 2xLP, Album, CAD 2815. Did this definitely have a D/L voucher? I bought it new from a shop on the day of release (actually the day before 17th) and no voucher. Reply Notify me Helpful. Not to speak ill-will of this band, but this album seems a bit abrupt, short and maybe even almost unfinished.
Chemical Chords is the ninth studio album by English-French rock band Stereolab, released on 18 August 2008 by 4AD and Duophonic Records. All tracks written by Lætitia Sadier and Tim Gane, except where noted. Chemical Chords at MusicBrainz (list of releases).
London, England’s Stereolab stick to what they know for their eleventh album, 2008’s Chemical Chords. Their French-inspired pop tweaked with what’s now well-known as space-age bachelor pad instrumentation makes for their familiar loose and free atmospherics. It sets the stage for Laetitia Sadier’s pop leanings to take firm hold with Valley Hi!, Nous Vous Demandons Pardon, and Silver Sands, while Sean O’Hagan’s brass and string arrangements perk things up throughout
On Chemical Chords, Stereolab's 4AD debut, they take a much more pop-focused approach than their immediately previous work - which is saying something, since neither Fab Four Suture nor Margerine Eclipse were among their more experimental moments in the first place. Actually, the shortness and directness of these songs could be seen as a bigger experiment for the band than their frequent lockgrooves and hypnotic passages; with those trimmed, Chemical Chords presents a version of Stereolab's sound that is just as vivid as their earlier output, but fizzing with immediacy and urgency. Chemical Chords manages to be even more concisely charming than that album, sacrificing little of Stereolab's distinctive sound for its immediacy.
Album Chemical Chords. Chemical Chords Lyrics. Sometimes it is half full Or sometimes half empty For some it is theory But for who is concerned it's truly a pity A pity. Under the ocean night of deep sorrows And quietly he misses you The harm is visible in the water and Ingested, how will it show later?
And Chemical Chords counts among the best of those extrapolations, no matter how familiar that original set of ideas has grown in time. Neon Beanbag" opens on a jaunty note, with organs on harpsichord settings and Laetitia Sadier doing her scat-minded best to summon the spirit of doo-wop. The Motown influence is hearable in the way the guitar slides around from chord to chord, in swing-time and not embarrassed to fall a bit behind the beat if it means racking up style points. Horns figure into many of the songs on Chemical Chords, all of them intricately arranged but most surveyed rather impressively as accents more than as subjects themselves. To that end, the whole album has a lightness of touch that makes it sound warm and comfortable, especially after the sad weight evident on the also-excellent Margerine Eclipse.
Listening to Chemical Chords is like being asked to admire a blueprint. It's all so arch and mechanistic: the stiff, methodical chord progressions, the synthetic sci-fi titles like "Neon Beanbag", "Pop Molecule" and "Vortical Phonotheque", and the opaque lyrical conceits delivered in a voice so disingenuously naif that it seems a wilful defiance of emotional expression.
|3||One Finger Symphony||2:05|
|5||The Ecstatic Static||4:43|
|9||Self Portrait With "Electric Brain"||3:16|
|10||Nous Vous Demandons Pardon||4:52|
|12||Fractal Dream Of A Thing||3:37|
|13||Daisy Click Clack||3:28|
|15||The Nth Degrees||4:13|
|17||Spool Of Collusion||2:10|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Duophonic Ultra High Frequency Disks
- Copyright (c) – Duophonic Ultra High Frequency Disks
- Licensed To – 4AD
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ООО "Союз Мьюзик"
- Licensed From – Beggars UK Limited
- Copyright (c) – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – S.B.A. Music Publishing Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – ООО "Юниверсал Мьюзик Паблишинг"
- Copyright (c) – ООО "Ворнер/Чаппел"
- Copyright (c) – Sony / ATV Music Publishing
- Copyright (c) – Первое Музыкальное Издательство
- Copyright (c) – Kobalt Music Group
- Copyright (c) – All Music Publishing LLC
- Manufactured By – ООО "Си Ди Клуб"
- Recorded At – Press Play
- Recorded At – Instant Zero
- Mixed At – Instant Zero
- Mastered At – Calyx Mastering
- Arranged By [String & Brass] – Sean O'Hagan
- Artwork [Art] – House*
- Bass – Simon Johns
- Brass – Dave Liddell, Steve Hamilton
- Drums, Electronic Drums [Drum Machines], Electronics – Andy Ramsay
- French Horn – Joe Walters
- Guitar, Bass, Drums [Occ. Drums] – Tim Gane
- Keyboards, Vibraphone [Vibes], Electronics, Drums [Occ. Drums] – Joe Watson
- Mastered By – Bo*
- Mastered By [Assistance] – Hans*
- Mixed By – The Groop
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Joe Watson
- Strings – Brian Wright, Laura Melhuish, Marcus Holdaway, Sally Herbert
- Vocals – Laetitia Sadier
- Written-By – Sadier* (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 17), Gane*
NotesRecorded and mixed at Instant Zero 2007.
Extra recording at Press Play.
Mastered at Calyx Mastering, Berlin.
Art at Intro.
℗ 2008 ООО "Союз Мьюзик" по лицензии BEGGARS UK LIMITED.
℗&© 2008 Duophonic UHF Disks. Under exclusive licence to 4AD.
For sale in Russia and CIS countries only.
CD package: jewel case with Obi strip + 12-page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 4 601250 358963
- Barcode (String): 4601250358963
- Matrix / Runout: CAD 2815CDJ
|CAD 2815||Stereolab||Chemical Chords (2xLP, Album)||4AD||CAD 2815||UK & US||2008|
|CAD 2815 CD||Stereolab||Chemical Chords (CD, Album)||4AD||CAD 2815 CD||Australia||2008|
|CAD 2815 CDP||Stereolab||Chemical Chords (Edited Album Versions) (CD, Album, Promo, Car)||4AD||CAD 2815 CDP||UK||2008|
|WPCB-10082||Stereolab||Chemical Chords (CD, Album)||Beggars Japan||WPCB-10082||Japan||2008|
|CAD2815CD||Stereolab||Chemical Chords (CD, Album)||4AD||CAD2815CD||US||2008|