Mount Kimbie - Crooks & Lovers If 2010 is the year that the "dubstep" full-length articulated just how multicolored and ever-shifting the sonic terrain within the outdated tag has become, then it's arguably Paul Rose's Hotflush Recordings that's been at the forefront of the showcase
Album · 2010 · 11 Songs. Crooks & Lovers Mount Kimbie. Listen on Apple Music.
Released July 19, 2010. Crooks & Lovers Tracklist. 1. Tunnel Vision Lyrics.
One of post-dubstep's bright lights is Mount Kimbie, a London duo who delivered two promising EPs last year. Their debut album pushes the sound into lonely, fragmented places, but locates pockets of warmth. The haunted piano-wire of "Before I Move Off" is nicely offset by a strolling guitar riff and playful vocals. It may feel slight at times, but Crooks & Lovers leaves you wanting more.
Mount Kimbie is an English electronic music duo consisting of Dominic Maker and Kai Campos. Formed in 2008, the duo departed from the musical template of the UK dubstep scene, releasing early EPs Maybes and Sketch on Glass to critical praise the following year. Their debut album Crooks & Lovers in 2010 received further acclaim. The band signed with Warp Records in 2012, and released their second album Cold Spring Fault Less Youth the following year and third album Love What Survives in September 2017. They have collaborated with artists such as James Blake, King Krule, and Micachu. In September 2015, Mount Kimbie hosted a weekly residency every Tuesday, throughout September, with London based online radio station NTS Radio.
Crooks & Lovers is an album of abrupt changes and paradoxes, at once organic and heavily processed, drowsy and yet with moments of eyes-on-stalks urgency, acoustically sweet and electrically charged. It's akin to gently drifting in and out of consciousness on a bus trip, only to be sporadically jolted back into consciousness. Tunnelvision, the opener, floats down from some odd, hazy place, reminiscent of soon-to-be-revived oceanic 80s rockers . Kane, a mix of short, acoustic riffs, disembodied voices and an adjacent rhythm shuffling by like a caterpillar. Unmoored and out there, Mount Kimbie come across in interviews as a little startled themselves by what they've come up with, and continue to come up with, but that's all to the good. They've no idea where they're going.
|A3||Before I Move Off||4:10|
|B1||Blind Night Errand||3:21|
|C2||Ode To Bear||4:00|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Hotflush Recordings Ltd
- Copyright (c) – Hotflush Recordings Ltd
- Mastered At – Precise Mastering
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Lacquer Cut At – Precise Mastering
- Pressed By – Record Industry – 87088
- Design – Gordon Curtis
- Lacquer Cut By – Sam*
- Mastered By – Sam John
- Photography By – Tyrone Lebon
- Written-By, Producer – Dominic Maker, Kai Campos
Notes℗ and © Hotflush Recordings Ltd 2010
Sides A, B, C: 33 ⅓ RPM
Side D: 45 RPM
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 055317 207548
- Barcode (Scanned): 5055317207548
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): HFLP004-A' Sam-Precise Mastering
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, stamped): 87088 1A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched): HFLP004-B' Sam-Precise Mastering
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, stamped): 87088 1B
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout, etched): HFLP004-C' Sam-Precise Mastering
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout, stamped): 87088 1C
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout, etched): HFLP004-D' Sam-Precise Mastering
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout, stamped): 87088 1D
|HFLP004||Mount Kimbie||Crooks & Lovers (2x12", Album, W/Lbl)||Hotflush Recordings||HFLP004||UK||2010|
|HFCD004||Mount Kimbie||Crooks & Lovers (11xFile, MP3, Album, 320)||Hotflush Recordings||HFCD004||UK||2010|
|HFCD004||Mount Kimbie||Crooks & Lovers (CD, Album)||Hotflush Recordings||HFCD004||UK||2010|
|none||Mount Kimbie||Crooks & Lovers (CDr, Album, Promo)||Hotflush Recordings||none||UK||2010|