A Street Called Straight (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, SHM). 2391 233. Roy Buchanan. A Street Called Straight (LP, Album). 3177 233. A Street Called Straight (Cass, Album).
Buch & The Snakestretchers, 1971, BOYA Roy Buchanan and the Snakestretchers, 1972, BOYA Roy Buchanan, 1972, Polydor Second Album, 1973, Polydor That's What I Am Here For, 1974, Polydor In the Beginning, 1974, Polydor Live Stock, 1975, Polydor Rescue Me, 1975, Polydor Street Called Straight, 1976, Atlantic Loading Zone, 1977, Atlantic Live in . amp; Holland 77-85 - Silver Shadow CD 9104
Band Name Roy Buchanan. Album Name Street Called Straight. Released date May 2002. Labels Wounded Bird Records. Music StyleBlues Rock. Members owning this album2. 1. Running Out. 2. Keep What You Got. 3. Man On The Floor.
Street Called Straight. Blues Rock Roy Buchanan. 队列表 Blues Rock Roy Buchanan Street Called Straight. Band Name Roy Buchanan. 版公司 Wounded Bird Records.
Roy buchanan - a street called straight lp record vg+ vinyl 1976 SD 18170. Roy Buchanan – Hot Wires, Alligator 4776, is the original pressing from 1987. Roy Buchanan LP Second Album 1973 Polydor records. Roy Buchanan ~ Second Album. 1973 Polydor Records ~ PD5046
Second Album released: 1990. A Street Called Straight released: 1987. Hot Wires released: 1987. Dancing on the Edge released: 1986. A Street Called Straight. CARUSO (Roy Buchanan) I was goin' across Oklahoma,When i thought I'd fall in love Met up with a girl named Thelma Took three months to get cured of Made up my mind I was gonna get my self together,I was gonna straighten up Made me some friends out Colorado,Till they found out i sold dope they locked me up.
A Street Called Straight. CD - Wounded Bird 8170). Buchanan definitely sounds not only in his element throughout this title, but he rises to the occasion, providing some of his most incendiary licks and aggressive instrumental interaction in a studio setting. This also manifests itself with a bounty of self-penned compositions. Rather than including one or two of his own pieces in an album consisting of primarily cover material, nine of the 11 cuts are, at the very least, co-written by Buchanan. As always however, it is his unmistakable, if not singular fretwork that truly coalesces A Street Called Straight.
As for A Street Called Straight a better recorded Album with 11 Tracks : Running Out - Keep What You Got - Man On The Floor - Good God Have Mercy - Okay - Caruso - My Friend Jeff - If Six Was Nine - Guitar Cadenza - The Messiah Will Come Again and I Still Think About Ida Mae. 2 people found this helpful.
Entitled Introducing Roy Buchanan, and sometimes mistakenly called The Best Unknown Guitarist in the World, it earned a record deal with Polydor Records and praise from John Lennon and Merle Haggard, besides an alleged invitation to join the Rolling Stones which he turned down and which gave him the nickname "the man who turned the Stones down". Roy Buchanan is interred at Columbia Gardens Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia. Guitars, tone, and technique. Buchanan rarely used effects pedals, though he started using an Echoplex on A Street Called Straight (1976) Technique. Buchanan taught himself various playing techniques, including "chicken picking".
Tracklist Hide Credits
Lead Vocals – Byrd Foster*Lead Vocals [2nd] – John Harrison Written-By – John Harrison , Roy Buchanan
|A2||Keep What You Got
Written-By – Arif Mardin, Roy Buchanan
|A3||Man On The Floor||3:22|
|A4||Good God Have Mercy
Written-By – Billy Roberts
|B1||My Friend Jeff||3:58|
|B2||If Six Was Nine
Drums – Gonzalo Sifre*Written-By – Jimi Hendrix
Engineer – Don Singleton
|B4||The Messiah Will Come Again||4:04|
|B5||I Still Think About Ida Mae||3:38|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor International GmbH
- Lacquer Cut At – Phonodisc GmbH
- Printed By – Gerhard Kaiser GmbH
- Recorded At – Electric Lady Studios
- Recorded At – Atlantic Studios
- Recorded At – Mediasound
- Recorded At – Record Plant, N.Y.C.
- Recorded At – Audio Innovators
- Mastered At – Atlantic Studios
- Art Direction [Art Director] – Bob Defrin
- Backing Vocals – David Brigati, Diane Sumler, Eddie Brigati, John Harrison , Luther Van Ross*, Robin Clark , Byrd Foster*
- Bass – John Harrison (tracks: A1, A3 to A6, B2, B3, B5), Will Lee (tracks: A2, B1, B4)
- Drums – Andy Newmark (tracks: A2, B1, B4), Byrd Foster* (tracks: A1, A3 to A6, B2, B3, B5)
- Engineer – Dave Wittman, Gene Paul, Lew Hahn
- Engineer [Assistant] – Alec Head, Carmine Rubbino*, Godfrey Diamond, Jerry Bloch
- Guitar, Lead Vocals – Roy Buchanan
- Harmonica – Buddy Lucas
- Horns – Barry Rogers, George Opalisky, Louis Delgatto*, Michael Brecker, Randy Brecker
- Keyboards – Malcolm Lukens
- Mastered By – Dennis King
- Mixed By [Re-mixed By] – Arif Mardin, Gene Paul, Lew Hahn
- Percussion – Rubens Bassini
- Percussion [Timbales, Tom-toms] – Billy Cobham
- Percussion, Drums [Extra] – Gonzalo Sifre*
- Producer – Arif Mardin
- Synthesizer [Arp] – Ken Bichelle*
- Written-By – Roy Buchanan (tracks: A3, A5, A6, B1, B3 to B5)
Notes℗ 1976 Polydor International GmbH
Made in Germany
All selections except B3 recorded at Electric Lady, Atlantic, Media & Record Plant Studios.
B3 recorded at Audio Innovators, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Mastered at Atlantic Recording Studios.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Matrix / Runout (Side A stamped): 2391 233 S1 320 1 H
- Matrix / Runout (Side B stamped): 2391 233 = 2 S2 320 1 F
|SD 18170||Roy Buchanan||A Street Called Straight (LP, Album, PR )||Atlantic||SD 18170||US||1976|
|UICY-78697||Roy Buchanan||A Street Called Straight (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, SHM)||Polydor||UICY-78697||Japan||2018|
|2391 233||Roy Buchanan||A Street Called Straight (LP, Album)||Polydor||2391 233||Australia||1976|
|3177 233||Roy Buchanan||A Street Called Straight (Cass, Album)||Polydor||3177 233||France||1976|
|2391 233||Roy Buchanan||A Street Called Straight (LP, Album)||Polydor||2391 233||Germany||1976|