Double Vision is a 1986 album by Bob James and David Sanborn. The album was a successful smooth jazz release receiving frequent airplay.
Bob James' business management: Michael Tannen & Associates, New York. David Sanborn's personal management: Patrick Rains & Associates, Los Angeles. Mr. James' Steinway Concert Grand, . 4 meters, delivered and serviced by Cristofori Pianos, Amsterdam by Hans Duyf and Dolf Vanden Assem.
Double Vision is a 1986 album by Bob James and David Sanborn. The album spent 63 weeks on the Billboard charts, topping out at on the Billboard 200. In 1987 "Since I Fell for You" earned a Grammy Award nomination for Al Jarreau in the category Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male. Original Album was released in the US on May 19, 1986, Warner Bros, Cat No: 25393. Released a week later in the UK. Personnel. David Sanborn: saxophone.
Artist: Bob James, David Sanborn Title Of Album: Double Vision Year Of Release: 1986 Label: Warner Bros. This combination works quite well. Poppish Bob James joins with electric bassist Marcus Miller, drummer Steve Gadd, guitarist Paul Jackson, percussionist Paulinho da Costa, and (on two songs) guitarist Eric Gale to accompany the distinctive and always soulful altoist David Sanborn
Bob James here recorded with David Sanborn. Although David is not the best saxophonist on the planet, (he might try playing other saxes besides the alto), they blend nicely. Bob James has over 25 CDs on the market & has been recording since the 1960s. He started his own group "Fourplay" in 1989 when he recorded with future Fourplay members Lee Ritenour (later replaced by Larry Carlton), Nathan East, & Harvey Mason on his CD "Grand Piano Canyon
other tracks: David Sanborn & Bob James. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). David Sanborn & Bob James Double Vision (1986). David Sanborn & Bob James Since I Fell For You. 05:50. David Sanborn is the second album by saxophonist David Sanborn. It was dedicated to Jonathan Sanborn. Track listing - "Indio" 5:35 - "Smile" 5:24 - "Mamacita" 4:45 - "Herbs" 4:29 - "Concrete Boogie. mage: Sanborn 1976.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – M. Miller*
|2||More Than Friends
Written-By – M. Miller*
Written-By – B. James*, D. Sanborn*
|4||Since I Fell For You
Guitar [Additional] – Eric GaleVocals – Al JarreauWritten-By – B. Johnson*
Written-By – D. Sanborn*
Drum Programming – Bob RileyWritten-By – B. James*, D. Sanborn*
|7||You Don't Know Me
Guitar [Additional] – Eric GaleWritten-By – C. Walker*, E. Arnold*
- Made By – Warner-Pioneer Corporation
- Arranged By [Rhythm & Synthesizer Arrangements] – Bob James
- Arranged By [Rhythm Arrangements] – Marcus Miller (tracks: 1, 2)
- Art Direction, Design – Laura LiPuma
- Bass – Marcus Miller
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator] – Larry Fishman
- Drums – Steve Gadd
- Engineer [2nd Engineer] – Andy Cardenas, Dan Garcia, Gene Curtis, Peter Robbins
- Engineer, Mixed By – Bill Schnee
- Guitar – Paul Jackson Jr.
- Keyboards, Drum Programming, Programmed By [Syntesizer] – Bob James
- Painting [Front Cover] – Eric Blum
- Percussion – Paulinho Da Costa
- Producer – Tommy LiPuma
- Programmed By [Additional Synth Programming] – Robbie Kilgore
- Recorded By [Additional Recording At Bill Schnee Studio] – Bill Schnee
- Recorded By [Additional Recording At Remidi Studio] – Bob James
- Recorded By [Additional Recording At Unique Recording Studios And Mediasound Studios] – Joe Jorgenson*
- Saxophone – David Sanborn
NotesMade In Japan.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: T4988 014 30123 7
- Matrix / Runout: 32XD-441 11A1 +++++
- Rights Society: JASRAC
|9 25393-1, 1-25393||Bob James, David Sanborn||Bob James, David Sanborn - Double Vision (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9 25393-1, 1-25393||US||1986|
|9 25393-2, CD 25393||Bob James, David Sanborn||Bob James, David Sanborn - Double Vision (CD)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||9 25393-2, CD 25393||Canada||1986|
|W1 25393||Bob James & David Sanborn||Bob James & David Sanborn - Double Vision (LP, Album, Club)||Warner Bros. Records||W1 25393||US||1986|
|11 0213-1||Bob James / David Sanborn||Bob James / David Sanborn - Double Vision (LP, Album)||Supraphon||11 0213-1||Czechoslovakia||1986|
|W2-25393||Bob James / David Sanborn||Bob James / David Sanborn - Double Vision (CD, Album, Club)||Warner Bros. Records||W2-25393||US||1986|